• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am I seeing 2 different Acrobat UIs?? I have not updated.

Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with "Enable Automatic updates" turned off. I've been watching the massive amount of complaints about the new UI and I'm so glad I haven't yet been forced to work with it.

But as I was working today in my Acrobat version 2023.006.20320, I opened up a PDF and all the tools were GONE! It was shockingly similar to the way I've heard other Acrobat users complain about the new UI. So then I flipped between 2 PDFs. One displayed with all the tools, as I am accustomed to. I have deleted the page contents, so please refer just to the differences in UI.Here is what I am accustomed to seeing.

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 1.23.49 PM.png

But the second one displayed without any of the tools. No bookmarks panel, no pages panel, no comments panel, no toolbar. NOTHING. What in the world?! Even right clicking on what used to be a toolbar does nothing.

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 1.24.47 PM.png

I did find out that I was able to get the tools and panels back with the contextual menu.

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 1.29.05 PM.png

I also found that this PDF was set to Initial View > Page only. But that doesn't explain why the tools are missing.

What in the world is going on?

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A file can hide the toolbars, menu bars and window controls of the application.

Go to the file's Properties (Ctrl/Cmd-D) and look under Initial View. Are these buttons ticked?

try67_0-1701474256142.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had the same problem, Acrobat ignores the fact that automatic updates is disabled.

My post was removed from this forum but you can find it here: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/jboulay_acrobat-activity-7132724253082161155-A8t0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines