• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can JPEG files no longer be converted to PDF in Acrobat Pro DC?

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a couple of years now I have been able to create a PDF from JPEG files. And as of last week I can no longer do it. I went through Online Support twice and received two different answers. Would like to know officially why I can no longer create a PDF from a JPEG file? Thank you.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

I am personally escalating this issue with management of Adobe's support organization to get to the bottom of how the OP ended up being referred to a non-Adobe “support” e-mail. We will directly work with the customer on this.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alison, I’m afraid this does kook like someone is trying to scam you. Thats not a real Adobe email. They are pretending there is no fix so they can sell you stuff.  This is a terrible thing but it happens all the time. Did they say they would Skype you (Adobe don’t do that either)?

Crucially, did you let them connect to your computer, or give any credit card info? Can you sent us the start of the message, where it gives their forum name? We can have them blocked at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week when I was trying to get this fixed, first online support wanted to do a remote session. I declined. Second person wanted to do remote session and I allowed it. From what I saw nothing erroneous was done.

Last night online support wanted to do a remote session again insisting it was almost impossible to troubleshoot without doing a remote session. I declined and did not give access. Same person confirmed that the email address was a verified Adobe address.

I did give my password. And I have changed it sense.

So online support is not safe and has scammers???

Furthermore, received an e-mail this morning saying my subscription was cancelled per my request and I made no such reques. Contacted online support and they say it’s active and the email was sent due to a technical error.

This is all crazy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

boaz-15832911 Sent me the email to contact Adobedesk@usa.com and they responded under “Adobe Systems”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, the e-mail address Adobedesk@usa.com has nothing to do with Adobe. And anyone giving you information otherwise is not representing Adobe. If in fact someone you call at Adobe via our standard support methods (phone or chat) gives you this e-mail address, please find out their name and pass that along to me via private message so that we can investigate the particular person.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also did you give them your Adobe password?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Same person confirmed that the email address was a verified Adobe address.

Do you mean that they confirmed that "Adobedesk@usa.com" is the email address for Adobe? This is very concerning. Please tell us exactly how you connect to this online support, it is still sounding like scammers. There have been many recent reports of convincing criminals.

So, how did you get "online support"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is correct. Online support confirmed the email was a valid Adobe email account.

I clicked on Help through the Adobe Acrobat Pro. It took me to the help page online and there was an icon to click on to chat with online support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT Adobe Customer Support. You were scammed. Do not trust these people or any emails you get from them.

Change your passwords immediately and run a full Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware scan on your computer. Also, keep an eye on your bank accounts and credit cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This how I contacted Online Support. So from now on I should not trust anyone that talks to me through the online chat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is indeed Adobe's official website. If you contacted someone from there and they gave you that email address then that's a huge mistake and they will probably get reprimanded, or worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALWAYS obtain a name of whoever you deal with on on-line “chat” or on the phone. Without that, we cannot pursue any investigation of whoever may have sent you to a scammer. Of if you have a log (via your web browser) of a session in which you were sent to that e-mail address, that would likewise help us.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just messaged you. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am personally escalating this issue with management of Adobe's support organization to get to the bottom of how the OP ended up being referred to a non-Adobe “support” e-mail. We will directly work with the customer on this.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines