• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I delete an Acrobat PDF in Adobe?

Advocate ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, the triple dots are not near the Adobe PDF, but a straight line is, thus, prohibiting me from deleting the PDF file from within Adobe.

Can anyone tell me why I can't delete the file?

Thank you.

AnotherMe_1-1707397150215.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AnotherMe

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

Are you trying to remove the file from the recently opened list of documents? If yes, please select the file by clicking the check box next to it and select "Remove from recent" from the context menu.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://adobe.ly/49pJlgs and check.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Amal. 

I'm not even sure. LOL 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the steps you are doing for more clarity of the issue?

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the reason for my inability to delete a PDF within Adobe Acrobat a shared document that a different source shared with me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is not a file manager. It doesn't have a function to delete files. You can do it through your OS's internal file manager, such as Windows Explorer or Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If none of these solutions work, consider providing more details about the specific error message or behavior you are encountering, which can help  blog so recebe infocell diagnose the issue more accurately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines