• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I edit my file?

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am subscribed to Adobe Acrobat Premium until December this year and have been trying to edit my CV in PDF file but "edit" only gives me the option to delete the whole thing.  Why? How can I edit the contents of the file?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

It sounds like the file is composed just out of images, so there's nothing really to edit, but you would need to share with us the file in order to get a more precise answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Hi Kala,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you have mentioned above, you have an Acrobat premium subscription. It seems that you are editing PDF on your mobile device.

As try67 suggested, please check if you are trying to edit the text or the image.

When you open the PDF, can you select the text in the PDF or not. If not, that seems to be a scanned PDF. 

If the issue occurs with this particular file, would it be possible to share the PDF or the screenshot? 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the file is composed just out of images, so there's nothing really to edit, but you would need to share with us the file in order to get a more precise answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in Edit mode, just regular mode, when you click in the content area of your file, what happens?

Does the document turn Blue? Can you select text? What?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kala,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you have mentioned above, you have an Acrobat premium subscription. It seems that you are editing PDF on your mobile device.

As try67 suggested, please check if you are trying to edit the text or the image.

When you open the PDF, can you select the text in the PDF or not. If not, that seems to be a scanned PDF. 

If the issue occurs with this particular file, would it be possible to share the PDF or the screenshot? 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines