• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why change everything?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Why do you "creators" feel a need to completely change the layout of toolbars, etc. in a program?! Do you have nothing to do so you just search out what you can do to aggravate us? Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts! WHY???

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

@reginal79098089 wrote on 22 June:

Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts!

Hi Reginal,

I have yet to hear from someone who likes the "new experience" in Acrobat, but it is easy to turn off!

Steps to enable [and disable] the new experience

• To enable the new experience, go to View > Enable new Acrobat and click Restart.
  • To disable the new experience,
    • Windows: Click the hamburger menu ( 3 lines ) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.
    • macOS: Go

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Was this even tested before it was released to the public?

By @Jerome DCProud Lewis

Adobe has pre-release testers for all the Creative Suite programs and Acrobat. Occassionally I see Adobe announce for people to join the testing program.

Many of us community experts here in the forums are testers for Adobe, and many of us have been doing this since the 1980s and 1990s. 

I can't recall much positive feedback from the testers before the "modern" Acrobat was released to the public. I know m

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 321 Replies 321
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bevi Chagnon - PubCom.com If you're a professional, what other software can you use?The competitors have all been bought out by now.

If Adobe definitively imposed the new Acrobat interface on us with no other choice, I wouldn't hesitate to use Foxit Editor.
Not out of spite, but because its interface is more productive and it's much less buggy than Acrobat. I use it to work, not to have fun clicking endlessly in absurd menus/tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone has different tasks they want to do in Acrobat or another PDF editor, so your choice of software depends on what tasks you need to do.  I classify these tools into these levels:

Level 1 — Ultra basic tools to open and read a PDF file, save it to your computer, or print it on a desktop printer. Even the cheapest freebie should be able to do this.

Level 2 — More functions, like adding comments (aka, markup) to the PDF, fill in form fields, add digital signature, combine different tyes of files into one PDF, redact content, and edit the content (swap photos, correct typos, etc.).

Level 3 — Advanced tools, such as OCR/scanning, stamps, Bates numbering, compare PDF files, export to different types of files (such as Word and PowerPoint), and add rich media (aka, video).

Level 4 — Pro tools, especially those for specific industries. Print production / preflight tools, check for various PDF standards (/A archive, /E engineering, /X print & graphic arts, /UA accessibililty), create forms, bulk emailing for comments and signatures, security, accessibility remediation and validation.

Only Adobe Acrobat Pro is at level 4, but other programs might have one or two of the tools in that group.

Some of our browsers have recently added Level 1 tools to do those tasks right in your browser. Mozilla Firefox is one brand.

I like Foxit's interface: it appears to be easy to figure out and use. But it has many shortcomings that aren't obvious until you discover that the tool doesn't work like it should: Accessibility tools is one category that doesn't meet the needs. Also note that it is a Chinese-owned and based company; some governments (like the US federal government) won't allow it to be installed on their agency computers.

Some more ideas are in this recent blog: https://pubcom.com/blog/acrobatnew/

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bevi.

I'm working with Acrobat since 1996 and I know this.

Last year I reported a bug in the free Foxit Reader that was penalizing one of my customers (cannot delete spawned pages). It was fixed in three weeks, and they sent me an email to let me know about it and to thank me.

Another country, another way of life...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Ipad OS now, they seem to have removed the option to revert back to the classic design, why is this happening, the new design is laggy as well, when i tap on screen to remove the gui from view, the whole thing moves the page up or down, and it's slow, the classic view was snappy, is there a. way for me to go back now, or do i need to shift to another pdf reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  This is the worst upgrade ever.  Why, Why?  Looking for another markup product.  This product used to be so good (development team should be fired)!  I pay more and more and it beccomes less and less valuable.  UGH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF file format became an open source format in 2008, and since then, other companies have created PDF editors and readers.

You might have other options to use. Just Google for PDF software.

However, Adobe's Acrobat programs are still the gold standard for many industries, including accessibility, prepress, professional printing and graphic arts, and legal documents.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was losing the will to live, with such simple things becoming a task. Thank you x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only part I truly hate is how pan and zoom are sometimes working and sometimes not.  I got used to space+mouse to pan and control+mouse wheel to zoom... But even this doesn't match any other approach to pan/zoom functions except in some other adobe applications.  The rest of the menu changes are meh, but the pan-zoom unpredictability is a real pain in the tuckus.  So much so, that I've started to look for third party PDF tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2024 Jul 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version sucks - not sure who gave them feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jackson38725296568v 

use the previous interface with the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know, is there a way to communicate that the old efficient version should be default. also adapting to simplified model just makes it a useless tool 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jackson38725296568v 

to make suggestisons to adobe, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jackson38725296568v 

You can submit a feature request or bug report to the Acrobat Developers here: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version sucks - not sure who gave them feedback.

By @jackson38725296568v

We all gave feedback, in the beta testing before release for example as well as after that.
Adobe choose to ignore us... again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@reginal79098089 The answer is because if programers didn't find something to do, theyt'd be unemployed.  So they must continuously "improve" things or they'll be out of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

Sorry, I know I'm probably repeating similar sentiment as others, 
firstly, @jane-e  thank you very much for saving us all from this 'new experience'. 
I know this 'new experience' would have been through rigourous iterations, testing etc, but if so many of us are saying how unpleasant we're finding it - was a part of your UX and user feedback missing ? 
regardless of whether the new experience, will eventually be more productive for us, it is aesthically, quite ugly UI design (certainly seems cruder than old UI), swtiching the pages to right and tools to left is pretty disorienting, and no longer using the top area for tools ribbon seems odd. Please do not remove the ability to revert 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

firstly, @jane-e  thank you very much for saving us all from this 'new experience'. 

By @Raj5E44

You're welcome Raj!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over a year later and 13 pages of replies it's nice to see the community agrees on something so passionately 😊 

Glad to be a part of this community. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way to restore old version...happy days!

I spent the last 35 years learnign / navigating all software, and now almost 50, I really don't want to start again...TBH I feel like I'm starting again with some programmes, we've to work and don't have time for this. So annoying, but they don't care. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't really remember how I restored old version. However, I believe it was through my profile. When I did find it, it was as simple as RESTORE old layout. 

Hope this helps x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
12 hours ago 12 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steps to enable [and disable] the new experience

• To enable the new experience, go to View > Enable new Acrobat and click Restart.
  • To disable the new experience,
    • Windows: Click the hamburger menu ( 3 lines ) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acroba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I replied below x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines