• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why do all checkboxes in pdf check when one is clicked?

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello there, I bet there is a simple solution to this but I just can't figure it out and have not found it in the forum

all checkboxes in my pdf form check unbidden when clicking on one

- I copy pasted a row of checkboxes to make aligning easier, checkboxes have an individual number each, so same field names are not the issue.

(I need multiple checkboxes with the possibility to check all the ones applying.

No frills, don't need to hide anything, no 'uncheck x if y is checked'...

Read something about export value in the forum but cannot find any such thing in the properties, please advise!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

The only way that would happen is if they all have the same name. A #0 , #1, etc at the end of the name in the field listing does not mean the fields have different names. In fact it means they do have the same name, and are all the same field. You need to change the field names manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way that would happen is if they all have the same name. A #0 , #1, etc at the end of the name in the field listing does not mean the fields have different names. In fact it means they do have the same name, and are all the same field. You need to change the field names manually.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to accept the # easily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to fill in a form and what is happening is there is 8 check boxes, individual, corp, partner...etc... When I click on the first box all the boxes x off?  Since this is a tax form that we cannot write on, it must be filled in online I don't know how to correct it?  It happens in every section of the form. Also when I am trying to put in the state field "FL" it comes up blank?

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report the issue to the authors of the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop your checkboxes from checking all when one is checked:  In Prepare Form >  Rename each of the check boxes a different name.  (#0, #1, #2 are considered the same name!!).   Change the name of each check box.  Save. Problem solved.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect! This def worked for me. It was a pre-created form, so it was frustrating to try and figure out, but the "Prepare Form" tab and rename each checkbox worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great! I was having the same issue and this totally solved it! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines