• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my Adobe Acrobat take up so much space

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was doing some system cleanup and noticed acrobat is over 6 gigs! That seems crazy to me. Anyone else experiencing this?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please go through the following forum thread.

How much disk space does your Acrobat installation take?

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but this doesn't solve my other issue with duplicate programs. I asked

for help getting rid of previous versions of adobe programs with cc and cc

2015. This article says its bulky at 3 gigs but mine is double. This is

terrible customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, lucky you.

My Adobe Acrobat DC is 11,0 GB!

THIS IS CRAZY!!!

I just had to uninstall a bunch of programs to make Photoshop even able to startup. I have a 256 GB SSD and only about 7GB free space left after the cleanup. I did go through all temp. files, trash-bin etc. etc... Even put all photos and personal files on an external drive + cloud.

Just don't understand the sizes of programs nowadays...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have precisely the same situation.  Acrobat DC is bigger than a CAD (3d, assemblies etc) program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The issue is known to Adobe and is not related to Acrobat. It is how the operating system is calculating the installer size. If that is causing more trouble I would suggest to reach out to Microsoft.
Acrobat DC has roughly 2.7 GB size on the machine.

-Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine shows as 22.8 GB, Any chance it litters the system with files in places such as program data? I rather not uninstall and reinstall it, since I do not want to risk losing the licence. I purchased DC when the PC was new, and it was pre-installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download and run AcroSize.exe tool from

AcroSize.exe - Google Drive

It will accurately calculate the space taken by various Acrobat components.

If you still have concerns, collect and send me AcroSize.log file from User Temp folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page not found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why is my Acrobat DC at 7.10 GB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking in the Windows Control panel? It has been said that this gives incorrect information, and we have told you how to get the right answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2,7 is still way too effin much! What the hell!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, but this is really a lame push off answer and the type that does nothing but irratiate the user of the product... Adobe- acrobat has been plagued by this for YEARS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just come to this thread and it's like nearly every other software and application-related one I've ever come across in 25 years in IT.

2.7Gb is still an enormous amount of space for what is fundamentally a simple program that creates a document or a mixture of straightforward content. If there's a problem between how Microsoft reports Adobe application storage sizes, it's a fault I'd expect Adobe & Microsoft to fix - surely can't be that hard?

In any event, what is the answer to how a simple program requires nearly 3gb of installed space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is not a simple programm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do agree to an extent Bernd, I was saying this a little tongue-in-cheek and was half-joking when I said it - which means I half meant it.

Since it's first itteration in 1993, when you had 4Mb RAM to play with in most domestic and commercial PC's, you had write and do libraries appropriately. Nowadays, that's a thing of the past. Anything will do. There's no excuse for Acrobat DC at first install to be hoarding nearly 4gb of storage space - and it does when you check the install folder in Program Files, not Microsoft incorrectly reporting it's install size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, Acrobat is not a simple program. It is an overly complex program doing a simple job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A:  This is not a just problem calculating the installer size. 

B: Even 2.7 GB is INSANE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but that's a load of manure.

Every other program on the computer cleans up after itself, Adobe Reader was taking up over 12GB in drive space spanned over multiple folders.

It  might be time for Adobe to start looking into a different kind of work. They've lost their way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2.7 GB is way to large for what reader does! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experience a 2.3 gb space which was used by adobe acrobat 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious about the Microsoft Windows users that have reported the exact issue in this thread, Is this happening accross different versions of MS Windows or just Windows 7 or newer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience is a Win 10 Professional platform, but it's nothing to do with the OS or its interpretation of the install size as suggested. A simple check of the install folder and it's file libraries totalls up to the install size which is >3.0Gb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was running out of disk space on my C drive. I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat Pro and instantly recovered 86 GB of disk space. Yes, 86 GB!!! Can anyone explain that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this happened even when you have performed cleaning maintenance in your computer? Like for example, deleting the clutter of trash documents in the recycle bin periodically, deleting the excess of log reporting files, temporary files, temporary cache folders? 

I normally don't run into these issues, so I am curious if running out of disk could be because of other Adobe programs interacting with Acrobat Pro, like the Creative Cloud Desktop app, for example, or even maybe a cloud service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines