• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my Adobe Acrobat take up so much space

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was doing some system cleanup and noticed acrobat is over 6 gigs! That seems crazy to me. Anyone else experiencing this?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I started by deleting downloaded program files, temporary internet files, emptying the recycle bin and performing all such routine maintenance. All that freed less than 200 MB. That's when I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat Pro and recovered 86 GB. Subsequently, I installed Adobe Reader DC, and it used only a couple GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Thank you for sharing that observation. I'll keep an eye on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 94 GB showing as installed on my Win 10 PC! It seems to keep growing each day. I ahve emtied all relevant trash such as temp files etc but it makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does you see 94 GB usage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to Cotrol Panel and check programs (install/Uninstall) it shows up as 94 GB and seems to be growing a bit each day. I would like to use the program; however, it is eating up a great deal of disk space - now 25% of a 500GB hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to re-install Acrobat DC and ensure it does so with a much smaller footprint?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same story, remove Acrobat => 15GB free, install it back, after 1 month => no space. no other SW is install in that time.
Is there any solution to solve it without reinstallation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I met same question so many times, so that my hardware is full. I am confusing. My computor is macbook air m2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe my Acrobat has reserved this much space (56GB!)Annotation 2021-12-11 211807.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check multiple folders, my Adobe Reader folder was ~3.8GB, I had another 8 gigs worth of garbage in various other folders related to Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just looked and Apps & Features says 60GB?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously.  There is no logical reason for this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only inquisitive about the Microsoft Windows clients that have detailed the specific issue in this string, Is this occurrence accross various variants of MS Windows or just Windows 7 or fresher?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct answer: Do not use Acrobat Reader. Get rid of it. Reader is just an utility. What is that gigabytes for god sake?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I think I am a record holder, mine apparently weighs 286 GB!!!!! I just uninstalled it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zrzut ekranu 2023-10-28 163005.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is 279!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just checked mine, it is a freaking 180GB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How?????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines