• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my GUI look different in two different computers?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently bought a new computer, and when I installed Adobe Acrobat on it, I realized that it looks much more different than the old one. Both PCs run on Windows 11 64-bit, and both installations are very recent.

First one looks like this:

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-04 at 00.25.09.jpg

And the second one(which is unfamiliar to me, I want it to be like the first one) looks like this:

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-04 at 00.51.25.jpg

How do I fix this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal_0-1661253905077.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a terrible name for a menu item... It should at the very least mention "layout" or "design" or even "UI".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. I nearly punched my monitor today when I could not hold "ctrl" and zoom in with the scroll wheel. What a terrible design decision. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Thank you!!!! The new version was NOT  user friendly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG"new Acrobat" is beyond useless!  Thanks so much for posting this!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I couldn't work out why Acrobat Reader was functional and helpful on one machine I setup a year or two ago, and totally useless for reading PDFs on any other machine I opened it on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bernd Alheit...you ROCK.  I just got a new machine and when I opened Acrobat my mind locked up.  Thanks for fixing this for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You.

This has been driving me nuts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So simple with ability to turn back on.  Thank you.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 11.42.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I couldn't even use 'highlight' with one hand anymore!  Before, I could double click and it would highlight a selection.  The new one makes me use one finger to hold down the touch pad, and the other to actually move the cursor to highlight.  I do everything on laptop with no mouse, and this is ridiculously inconvenient for what I use it for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines