• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the alert for color contrast and Logical Reading order pop up again?

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I make my PDFs accessible I do the manual steps and check the color contrast and logical reading order and mark "Pass" which gives them a green checkmark. 

But when I reopen this file and make the full check, they pop up again.

This means I cannot deliver a PDF which has all problems fixed, or? 

Maybe there is some setting I still haven't found...

Best regards
Ulrika

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

You need to attach the report to the document, and then when you open the file again, and open the accessibility report (do not run a test again, that would again show the two items to be manually checked), the report will show that you manually passed these two items. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

I've never done that. It is very easy for somebody to run the test again. I would say it depends on who you work with. Figure out what they want, and then come up with a process that works for both of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to attach the report to the document, and then when you open the file again, and open the accessibility report (do not run a test again, that would again show the two items to be manually checked), the report will show that you manually passed these two items. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha - thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A follow-up question: Would you recommend always to attach the report in this manner, when you deliver or publish an accessible PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never done that. It is very easy for somebody to run the test again. I would say it depends on who you work with. Figure out what they want, and then come up with a process that works for both of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue. My question is even after fixing the issue manually and save the file , it pops up all the time.

It should atleast saved the manully passed version with user name like " XX passed manually " That kind of option should work. But nothing works there.

Is it the issue with ADOBE ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It pops up again for me if I run another accessibility check. But if I save the accessibility report with the PDF as suggested by Karl above, close then open the PDF again without running another check, then open the accessibility report, it has held on to the manual pass or fail as recorded in the previous check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines