• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why don't notifications stay off after restarting Acorbat Pro?

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I want them off forever.

I go to:

Edit --> Preferences --> General and turn OFF "Show me messages from Adobe."

They're off while the application is running. But I shut it down and launch it again and there it is ON AGAIN.

I hate this. It's like Adobe needs to remind me all the time all the stuff I can do? I don't need these annoying messages.

PLEASE tell me what I have to do turn them off forever. It disrupts my workflow.

Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So apparently there's no fix for this. A feature and a bug. Great job, Adobe. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble caused. 

As shared, the notifications are turned off from Acrobat preferences. However, it keeps turning back ON every time system is rebooted or relaunched. Notifications are back on. 

Is this setting getting changed automatically from the Preferences, or its turned Off under Edit>Preferences> General> "Show me messages from Adobe." but you are still getting messages/notifications on screen?

If it's turning back ON automatically, then check the following:

1- Would you mind sharing your Adobe Acrobat version? To check the version, go to Help > about Acrobat and ensure you have the recent version 22.001.20169 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates. 

2- If this doesn't help, then reset Acrobat's preferences following these steps: Reset Acrobat Preferences 

Let us know if that helps!

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akanchha: Here you go. I explained what is going on in the post very precisely. 😉

Version(s):
Continuous Release: 2022.00120169

Version File Version: 22.001.20169.0

AGM Version: 4.030.0019 | 64 bit

Core Version: 22.256 | 64 bit

JP2K Version: 2.000.00006.50420 | 64 bit

I'll try all that but I seriously doubt it will work since I literally just installed the latest version 3 days ago...But I will try because this is annoying and I am seriously considering going back to Acrobat 9, where I don't have to pay for the pleasure of annoyance. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming the exact patch. 

Please give it a try by uninstalling-reinstalling the application using the above method and let us know the result.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reinstalled. Now there's a problem not recognizing the fonts I have installed on the system. Same problems as before. I don't see a need to pay for a program that:

1. Doesn't work for the stuff I need it to work with when prior versions did. Maybe you all need to go and fix stuff for Windows 11?

This was beta tested before release...right? So many bugs and problems I am surprised Adobe let this go out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So those damn blue messages keep appearing. Please let me know if there is an actual fix for this or if we're just hammering away at nails in the dark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that issue persists.

We'd like you to gather the following details and share them with us for further investigation. 

Please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and 

ProcmonLogs :

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html

Share them via document cloud as explained here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting the preference with no file open? Can you show a screen shot of the unwanted message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luke: Yes, I have tried doing that, too. They still persist.

These pop messages appear in a blue box notifying me I can "DO STUFF" in Acrobat. They are annoying and I don't like having to be a beta tester. I expect better from Adobe. 

I guess I can't turn them off and Adobe is asking me for all this stuff they should have addressed before putting a product into production AND charging people for it.

So, I will just live with it I guess. I'm just disappointed Adobe has zero idea what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not getting the messages you describe, although I am on a Mac. Here is a related discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/can-i-stop-blue-popup-quot-tips-quot-appearing/td...

Here is a link to the Acrobat feature request and bug reporting form, perhaps if they get enough complaints, they will fix this.

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines