Why is the 64 bit Standard installer is the same as the 64 bit Pro installer?

New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

On the installer page,  the Pro and Standard are the same zipped folder.   The installer only installs the Pro version.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html

Is the 64 bit Standard version in another location ? 

Any help is greatly appreciated.  

Regards,

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the installer for both versions is the same and that the license key (or subscription information) you provide will change the behavior of the application. Have you tried to install the Standard version? Once you provide your license information, does the Standard version work as expected? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Karl,

Thank you for your reponse.  This means the 64 bit versions run under licence/subscriptions.   I'ill have to continue to keep the 32 bit version installed and upgrade via the msp updater.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As TSN explained, there is no difference between the 32 and 64bit versions of Adobe Acrobat regarding the license or subscription you need. You either need to have a perpetual license for the version you want to install, or a subscription (which would allow you to run any version that is supported by your subscription). If you are running a version that does not require a subscription or a license, you are very likely using the free Adobe Reader. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 32-bit versions also run under license or subscription only... !

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is.   I'm referring to Reader DC and I just realized I downloaded Adobe Acrobat.  Oops, I should have paid more attention.   From what I see, Reader DC 64 bit is being rolled out little by little via automatic updates but there is no 64 bit base install at this point.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to this page: https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/

On the left side fill out the three fields for your operating system, your language and then in step 3 you can pick the 64bit version as long as it is available for the OS/language combination you selected. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines