• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the Highlighter tool in Adobe Acrobat Pro suddenly completely opaque?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly this week, the highlighter tool in Adobe Acrobat Pro is totally hiding the text behind it.  When I try to change the opacity of the highlighter, it also lightens the text opacity behind it.  Was there an update that went terribly awry?  Nothing on my computer has changed, and this happens on every single pdf document I am trying to use the highlighter on.  I've used Adobe products for decades, and know how to resolve most of the quirks.  But this one is beyond me.  Please someone, help???

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wendi M.,

Thank you for reaching out.

The team is aware of this issue and working on the fix.

We will keep updating you with more information.

Would you mind sharing the application and OS version on the machine?

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem this week with the highlighter opacity - as the other user, Wendi M described. I use Adobe's highlighter every day for multiple PDFs each day and have not had the problem before.  I have been using this and the same laptop for at least 8 years, and never had an issue with the highlighter.  I have adjusted the opacity, but that does not resolve the issue -- it also lightens the text opacity behind it.  It does this for all colors.  Thank you for working to resolve this issue.  

Jo B

In the PDF properties, mine shows:

PDF Version:  1.7 Acrobat 8.x

PDF Producer: Microsoft Word for Office 365

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Application and OS version is:

PDF Version:  1.7 Acrobat 8.x

PDF Producer: Microsoft Excel for Office 365

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the information.

We will update you once the fix patch is available for this issue.

We appreciate your patience so far.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two different laptops, both Windows 10, both of have them have suddenly giving me the same trouble.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that is baffled and frustrated by this issue!  I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro version 2022.003.20258 on Windows 10 Enterprise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like they are aware of the issue, and a fix patch will be forthcoming.  I am glad also, not to be the only one that's frustrated by this issue! 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a patch released today and it did not fix the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is 10/24/2022. I am also having this problem in which the highlighter is totally blocking out the text.  When I change the opacity, the text's opacity also diminishes.  Default opacity was 85%.

I am using Acrobat version 2022.003.20263

Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.2130

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally found a post that was having the same issues as me. My desktop has this issue but my laptop runs fine which is weird. 

Both Windows running latest adobe acrobat reader. This issue also started earlier this month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,
It has been about a month since I've been having this problem.
Has anyone found a solution?
Is there another software that you can recommend for hihglighting PDF documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for being patient.

We have released an optional update that addresses this issue.

Please update the application and check if you still experience the same behavior. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

You may refer to the following page for more information on the latest updates: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adobe team!  I just updated Adobe with the patch you created, and it's working great so far!  I can highlight text now, and it isn't completely opaque/or the text is faded out.  It looks great on the documents I've tried so far.  Thanks so much for resolving this issue, I know several other people were having the same issue.  I am hoping their issues will also be resolved by updating Adobe.  And thank you for making it so easy to update!  Stay well, and again...thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines