• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the PDF form not being attached to a Submit form action?

Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'm having issues with a form with or without digital signatures, this is a description:

Person #1 fills it out (employee request for PTO) and then submits the form to (HR) Person #2

Person #2 (HR) Verifies the request and then submits the form to Person #3 (the boss)

Person #3 Approves with (or without) a digital signature and then Submits the form to HR

My form issues:

When the 1st recipient, (HR) gets the form and tried to open the pdf, they get the following message:

The attached file contains data that was entered into a form. It is not the form itself.

The recipient of this data file should save it locally with a unique name. Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 or later can process this data by importing it back into the blank form or creating a spreadsheet from several data files. See Help in Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 or later for more details.

Why isn't the form being attached?

Thanks for your help.

Debi

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must submit the whole PDF, not the form data only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is that an option to select when i create a Submit button field? Could you elaborate for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, I found the option to send the whole pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi deborahm60044821!

I have the same issue. Where i can find this option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try67_4-1630529175399.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a wav i can customize the message to say something custom instead of the same message every time?

The attached file contains data that was entered into a form. It is not the form itself.

Currently this is the email message that pops up when signing a pdf - The recipient of this data file should save it locally with a unique name. Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 or later can process this data by importing it back into the blank form or creating a spreadsheet from several data files. See Help in Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 or later for more details.

Surely there is a way to change this please? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can do it by using a script, like this:

this.mailDoc({cTo: "me@gmail.com", cSubject: "Email subject line goes here", cMsg: "Email message body goes here"});

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines