• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why was the flatten button removed?

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This latest update removed the flatten button, among other irritating things. I have tried the Preflight thing and it doens't work like the quick flatten button used to. I'm so irritated because now I have to "print" to Microsoft PDF to get it flattened quickly.This is so luch less efficient and slow, it's ridiculous. Please bring the flatten button back or tell me how to revert back to a former, useful version of the software that I pay for every single month. Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In which Microsoft Windows version is your Adobe Acrobat on?

Does the problem goes away if you repair the installation?  (followed by a reboot).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Carole27903984szan 

When you say "the flatten button", do you mean an Action or something else? 

I've been using Rick Rorstein's Flatten Comments and Form Fields Action for longer than I can remember. This action does not come with Acrobat, but can be installed. I always got it from Rick's AcroLaw blog — I can find sites talking about his blog, but cannot find the blog itself. I did find a copy on AcrobatUsers.

https://acrobatusers.com/actions-exchange/

C5A7126C-078A-4215-BC43-DA3A9CE85A89.jpeg

I don't know if this is what you are looking for or if it will work with the most recent version of Acrobat DC.

If you mean something else, please clarify.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are able to print to PDF using Microsoft PDF you should be able to use Adobe PDF printer, or Save As => Postscript file to flatten.

Have you also tested with these options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Flatten button" has never been a feature of Acrobat.

You can install and use the "Flatten" plugin which is part of the (free) abracadabraTools:

https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/utilitaires/utilities-in-english/abracadabratools_en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines