• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Win 11 duplicates PDF icons moved to a different monitor

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this question before, but I can't find it when I search so posting it again.

Like many, I set Win 11's start bar to not combine/group/stack icons. One file open should equal one icon, despite what the teenagers who apparently are in charge of Microsoft's design want. However, after I did that Windows 11 decided to clone icons for PDF (and only for PDFs) that are dragged to another screen. Drag one to a 2nd monitor, and Win 11 shows  two identical PDF icons, drag them to a 3rd montitor, and Win 11 shows 3 identical icons.  But only one of the icons does anything - the clones just sit there taking space and getting in the way. 

I spent an hour yesterday again with my company's IT  support trying to stop this (every 3 months I check to see if Microsoft or Adobe has stopped blaming the other company and done something to fix the problem). No luck. So today I thought I'd check this forum to see the latest, but I can't find any mention of this long standing problem. Is Adobe even working on trying to fix this?  I understand that Widows 11 sucks (no one with half a brain would dispute that), but this dumb icon cloning problem is really frustrating. It would be nice if Adobe would work with Microsoft to get it fixed. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the Adobe Community forum, which means that most people here do not work for Adobe and therefore do not know what Adobe is working on. Having said that, did you file a bug report? Otherwise Adobe would not know about the problem (just because it gets posted here does not mean that it will actually  be filed as a bug in Adobe's system). You can do that here: http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines