• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Window Resize Extremely Slow

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen older posts about this with no solution. Is this still a thing?

macOS 12.4 on MacBook Pro 2017, 3.1 GHz Quad-Core i7 with 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, Radeon Pro 560 4 GB

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

I know that this is an old post, but I think that I figured out why this is happening.  I'm on a 2021 M1 Pro MBP.  Running the latest version (2023.001.20093).  

This has something to do with the adobe cloud connected services.  The simple fix is to click the "home" tab, then select "Starred" instead of "recent".  When I did this, then clicked back to the document I was reviewing, the window resize lag stopped.  Best guess is that it is a sync issue with the cloud, bogging down the software.  

T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Renee,

Thanks for reaching out.

When you say Windows resize is extremely slow, can you please share the reference discussion you are referring to here?

Would you mind sharing the Adobe Acrobat/Reader version you are using? To check the version, go to Help > about Acrobat/Reader and ensure you have the recent version 22.001.20169 installed.

If not then, Go to Help > Check for updates

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using very good PC, Windows 11 (earlier with Win 10 too), Nvidia RTX 3090, window resizing in Adobe Acrobat Pro is still very laggy (newest version, I have all updates installed). Never fixed since many years . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that. I'm just installing the latest production server from Nvidia. Let's see if that helps.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing very slow resizing of windows with Adobe Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20282.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing very slow resizing of windows with Adobe Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20282.

By @Cass2770814852eu

What is your graphics hardware?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that this is an old post, but I think that I figured out why this is happening.  I'm on a 2021 M1 Pro MBP.  Running the latest version (2023.001.20093).  

This has something to do with the adobe cloud connected services.  The simple fix is to click the "home" tab, then select "Starred" instead of "recent".  When I did this, then clicked back to the document I was reviewing, the window resize lag stopped.  Best guess is that it is a sync issue with the cloud, bogging down the software.  

The other solution is to clear your recents or disconnect the cloud services.  

Hope this helps.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for me, but I am on PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it helps. Didn't stop the lag but it improved the response.  Adobe, shame on you.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG this works!!! This has been an issue for *years* and have used other PDF apps as much as possible specifically because of this. I find it incredible that Adobe doesn't even seem to know about this problem.

2019 MacBook Pro with macOS 13.2.1 -- but this problem has existed on every Mac I have used for probably a decade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines