Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Window Size issue

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have an issue regarding some Adobe applications (Acrobat, Photoshop but not all the apps from Adobe) :

My computer is a Dell XPS 15 with a UHD screen (3840x2160) and i have an external screen in HDMI with a definition of 1920x1080.

And my issue is : if i launch Acrobat/Photoshop on my main screen (which is the integrated one), and move the window on the other screen, it will be BIG ! The size of the icons, of the buttons ... everything is really big, it's just impossible to work like this.

On the other hand, if my main screen is the external one and that i launch Acrobat/Photoshop on it, the display will be good, but if i move the window on the integrated, it will be so small ... like if i was on 100% resolution scale on Windows (which is not the case).

Well my issue is exactly the one you can find here : Adobe App Scaling on High DPI Displays (FIX) | Dan Antonielli

But the solution proposed on this topic is making my acrobat crashing ..., so it doesn't work for me...

can anyone help me on this ? I'm sure there is a solution.

i'm on Windows 10 64 Bits last version 1607.

My subscription is the Creative Cloud All Apps (so i have everything in DC version)

thank you,

regards.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

anything other than 100% is problematic.  some adobe programs have been updated to work with those uhd/4k settings but not all have.

my guess is that future updates will fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with your uhd are you using 100% sizing in the settings>display panel?

Screenshot - 1_29_2017 , 7_28_47 PM.png

p.s. is that the Dell 43 Ultra HD 4K Multi-Client Monitor P4317Q?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No with the UHD screen i'm on 250%, 100% is just not usable. (everything Ridiculously small)

the UHD screen is the screen of my DELL XPS 15.

The external screen is a random DELL 1920x1080.

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anything other than 100% is problematic.  some adobe programs have been updated to work with those uhd/4k settings but not all have.

my guess is that future updates will fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean that the fact to have another Screen with something different than 100% is the reason of my issue ?

because i don't have the issue only on the screen with 250%, sometimes it's on the 100% screen. (the difference : the app will be very small or very big).

And also, that also means that in 2017, Adobe ... (which provide applications to do "graphical things") is not able yet to managed UHD definition, or 2 differents sizes ? I mean ... What are they waiting for ?

Thank you so much for your respond, i have to say that i'm pretty surprised of this reason because for me it's just not acceptable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually, it was an update that allowed use on your uhd screen without everything being too small to be useful.

i'm not sure if anything is being done to handle swapping screens while a program is open.  my guess is if you open on you uhd screen everything is good with those programs updated for uhc.  if you open on your 1920x1080 screen, all's well.

it's the screen swapping that adobe's not addressed.  if that's true, you should report it:  Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe and window size options have never been on the same page. Pun intended. Super sad adobe treats their users like this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines