• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows and Mac Acrobat Pro DC no print window

New Here ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have several computers windows and mac over different versions of the OS having the same issue.

How ever to try to print you get no print window or you get a print window with no content or info.

uninstalling, removing cache and prefs and reinstalling does not fix this issue.

Acrobat DC Reader and all other office and adobe apps can print fine.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Hi all,

We have released a patch today that fixes the Mac Printing issue that was recently introduced (with May 10th release). If you are not already updated to the latest patch, simply open Acrobat and visit Help > Check for updates to apply this patch.

More details about this release and bug fixes is available here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashu,

I'm on Mac Yosemite, printing via a Fiery-5D6B (software version 1.0) to a Ricoh MP C6502 model.

It was working fine until the update, I used to be able to select 'Fiery Features' in the print dialogue box which would provide options including one to enter a user code which is vital in our organisation.

I can still print from InDesign and Illustrator.

Hope that helps.

Emma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashu,

I've just downloaded an updated printer driver for my Colour Controller from the Ricoh website which seems to have solved the problem (or at least it's a workaround) it's slower but it does the trick - it's related to Yosemite two way communication apparently.

Emma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link to the bug fix gives me a 404 page error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be working, can you please try again?

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The patch fixed the problem for me. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashu

I can confirm that the patch fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone who confirmed about the patch working at their end. Much appreciated!

Emma,

Thanks for the update, glad to know you are unblocked after updating the printer driver.

Regards,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Air and am running acrobat pro.  The updates are up to date.  For the last several months the print dialog comes up blank - can print a single copy, but all other options missing.  Have tried deleting the printer and re adding.  screenshot_236.jpg

any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That version of Acrobat Pro doesn’t look up to date. It looks at least 7 years out of date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Acrobat version are you running?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your response

I was running 9 pro ver 9.5.5. I have now updated to pro dc 2017.0009.20044 which has resolved the problem.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi thanks for your response

I was running 9 pro ver 9.5.5.  I have now updated to pro dc 2017.0009.20044 which has resolved the problem.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ashu,

The patch fixed the problem for me.

Thank you, Adobe Team!

Best,

Jamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem, noticed on Friday 13th May 2016 - when hitting File > Print no dialog appears and so I cannot print.

I have 2 printers connected by server (both with names of less than 10 characters?) and can print to both from all other software.

I tried to re-add one of my printers with a longer name, and set as default, as a workaround, but I still get no dialog box, so this workaround doesn't work for me.

If you can advise when a solution is reached this would be appreciated, or advise of another workaround suggestion? This is quite a big issue for me.

Thanks,

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here with all computers in our print shop. 

A quick fix if you don't have another program (e.g. InDesign) is to send yourself an email with the PDF attached and print directly from the browser.  I'm using Gmail and Chorme, works just fine. 

With that being said, I really hope there is an update for this issue soon as we rely heavily on Acrobat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleagues and I are having a similar issue: on various versions of Mac OsX using Acrobat DC, after the last update, we are no more able to print, neither from Acrobat Pro XI.

The same PDFs are well printed from Apple Preview application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what every ones situations are, but with the latest version of OSX I was able to get the print dialogue to show by doing the following:

• Close Adobe
  • Go to system preferences
  • Change the default printer (For us we just used a standard printer)
  • Re-open Adobe and try to print

This prompted the dialogue box, sure we have to then select the actual printer that we want to use, but at least we are getting a print window to show up. Hope this helps some of you! I struggled for hours to at least get this solution until an official fix is provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable!  My setup was set to "Last Printer Used".

When I changed it to use the Renamed (longer than 10 characters) printer, it now brings up the print dialogue!

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me at iMac i7 with Yosemite 10.10.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Please fix. OS X 10.11 latest.

Here's what I did. I deleted my printer, which had only a 6 character length name. Then I added it back making the name longer. After it was added I went to options and named it like it was again (6 character name as it was). This changed the name of the printer, and the print queue name is short again.

Tested it it and it works. Print dialog box opens again in Acrobat.

Question is: how does this happen. Don't you all at Adobe have QA? How can you release an update that is not vetted? How come you still don't have a fix published?

Also I have been dealing with an Acrobat Safari plugin that crashes if the PDF opened has specific JavaScript in it. Never did under Acrobat XI, but since DC it does that. Have been dealing with Adobe Engineers for months now, and have not heard from them in over a month! Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem since yesterday. I renamed the printer with more than 10 characters and it's working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. It worked last week, now I can't print. Command-P and the Print button don't do anything. No print dialogue box or anything. I'm printing through Apple's Preview app for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jamin, Have you tried the workaround mentioned at https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/printmenunotappear.html​ ?

Adobe will soon release the patch to fix this problem.

Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Vishal. I haven't tried that. It sounds like a lot of headache when Preview works fine. Just let me know when there's an update that fixes it.

Best!

Jamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting and adding the printer with a name longer than 10 characters worked for me.  It is completely stupid that this is what Adobe makes us do instead of, y'know, using the built in print dialogue in the OS. Or just using the same print window from their other software, which apparently works fine.  C'mon guys. get it together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines