• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows is reporting that I do not have access to the Adobe PDF printer

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the Printer Properties for the Adobe PDF printer, I get a pop-up message that I do not have access to the printer. When I select the print option in the Adobe Acrobat X Standard app, I get a pop-up message that I need to install a printer. I did run the repair option for the app but it did not resolve the issue.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bepporag ,

Are you getting this issue in a version of Windows 10 or earlier?

If you are able to print form any other program but not  when you are trying to print using Adobe Acrobat, the Acrobat Repair is not the fix. 

You may need to also try a few additional troubleshooting steps.

I listed them in chronological order, so if you decide to try my recommendations, and if the first troubleshooting step doesn't work, move on to the next step:

•  Reapply manually the last update that was published for your unsupported version of Adobe Acrobat: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/10/10.1.16.html#tenonesixteen
  • Clear the print spooler cache and restart the printer spooler service
  • If your Microsoft Windows is version 10 or 11 perform an update; if it is an earlier version of Windows upgrading is the only support you'll get from Microsoft
  • Remove the printer driver from Windows; turn off the printer ==> Reboot the PC ==> turn on the printer and let Windows detect the printing device ==> let Windows  detect the Windows driver ==> when prompted to install a driver, follow the printer manufacturer's recommended steps to reinstall the printer drivers that corresponds to your printer brand and model ==> if required update the printer driver after reinstallation, to include the printer firmware and software printing app (active Internet connection is required) ==> a reboot may be rquired when reinstallation of driver(s) complete

Otherwise, if you are getting that error message when you try to print from all  programs, then this issue is not an Adobe Acroat issue and you should consult with Microsoft Support as well as the printer manufacturer support web site:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I got the issue fixed with Windows not seeing any of my printers by reinstalling Windows. I reinstalled Adobe Acrobat X Standard from the original install disc along with a required update. Now when I use the "create PDF file from Scanner" option, I get a pop-up error of "bad parameter" which locks the application. When I try to close the app, it reports that it cannot as it is performing  the scan function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're very welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a different issue.

What version of Windows are you in?

What is the Printing Device brand name and model please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows 10 64-bit and HP Officejet 6110 which is no longer supported by HP although expensive replacement ink cartridges are still available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines