• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

won't fix issues during preflight

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do a preflight for a word doc without images, so no layers. It runs the preflight, says it's fixing issues, but when completed said it didn't flatten layers and it isn't a useable pfd-x file.  If I bring it in as a word doc, it won't convert it to a pdf. I get an unexpected error notification. I convert to a pdf in word and bring that in and then do the preflight, which is fails.  I click the analyze and fix button. I have been having nothing but issues with adobe reader for the past 6 months. The file has no images, I don't think it has any layers. If it does, I have no idea where they are. I keep getting a your file has layers that need to be fixed.

Got any suggestions?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PDF/X is not just about layers. When you run a test to see if a document is compatible with a certain PDF/X level, Preflight should report what features will cause problems. The preflight profile you want is "Verify complience with PDF/X-xxx":

2021-05-05_14-17-43.png

These options are easier to find if you filter for just PDF/X related profiles. 

Which PDF/X level are you trying to create? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines