• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word 2019 print to PDF Stopped Working

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, today my Word 2019 print to PDF stopped working.  I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 and I uninstalled and reinstalled it and still does not work.  I also tried running the repair feature in Office and still won't work.  In an attempt to work around this, I tried to select "Microsoft Print to PDF" as a printer but it also does not work.  Much appreciate assistance with this.  Here is the error message that I receive: 

%%[ Error: syntaxerror; OffendingCommand: --nostringval-- ]%%

Stack:
/buildcrdname

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't think this is a compatibility issue.

Once you have checked that all application and operating systeme are up to date, you should contact your local tech support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar issues in the past and it took a few restart and updates to get it right again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Looking at the description given above, it seems that you have been trying to convert a word document to .pdf using "Print to PDF" function of MS Office. Did I get this correct?

"Print to PDF" is a Microsoft's inbuilt feature of converting word document to PDF. It has its own mechanism of conversion and we don't have a hold on it.

Try File>Print>Adobe PDF or Open Acrobat 2017>Tools>Create PDFs>select the word file and see if that's working.

There seems to be some issue with MS Office, as MS Print to PDF is also not working. In that case we would suggest you to contact to MS support.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out?  With Adobe, many times when you see the postscript error, to get around it you'll need go to the Adobe PDF printer preferences, and in the settings, uncheck the box for "Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines