• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word and PowerPoint Integration on macOS Broken after Applying Update

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I applied updates to both Acrobat Pro DC and Office on macOS 11.6.2, so I'm not sure whether this regression was caused by Office or Acrobat.

Office was updated to version 16.58 (22011201)
Acrobat was updated to version 2021.011.20039

Now:

1. When I launch PowerPoint, I get an error (image attached):   PowerPoint couldn't load the add-in {home directory}/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/User Content.localized/Startup.localized/PowerPoint/SaveAsAdobePDF.ppam

Indeed: the SaveAsAdobePDF.ppam file no longer exists.

2. Word no longer contains the Acrobat add-in in the ribbon.

If I open {home directory}/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/User Content.localized/Startup.localized/Word/linkCreation.dotm and enable macros when prompted, the Acrobat add-in loads into that document, but that's it. It does not load into any other documents.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat, did you run the Repair Installation? 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and installed again (there is no Repair Installation on macOS as far as I know).  This did not resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct about the Repair Installation. Sorry.

I have the ribbon tab in my Office product. Try repairing your permissions on the Mac HD. 

BTW, to get a full featured "rich" PDF, Acrobat uploads the file to the Adobe servers, generates the PDF, and returns the PDF. If you have any security or privacy concerns, I would not use the online service. You can export locally, but I don't think it is much different than doing a Save As to PDF.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. "Repair permissions" had been around in macOS in a very long time.  Not sure why you think the issue is permission related.  

2. The Acrobat plug-in offers 2 options:  one that uses online services and one that doesn't.  From Excel:

PDF Plugin.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Looks like an issue with installation of Acrobat. Could you please try re-installing Acrobat?

Thanks & Regards

Sagrika Khandelwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that.   It did not resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there ever a resolution for this? I made a mistake of deleting and not saving the .ppam, and now I can't unselect it in the .pptx app under add-ins ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me know if you've figured it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines