• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word/PowerPoint to PDF conversion not displaying shapes

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have only recently started having this problem (within last two weeks or so) where I create a page in Word or PowerPoint with images and shapes and then when I convert to PDF, some of the shapes are transparent (but not all of them). This has never happened before. I tried converting from Word/PowerPoint to PDF a couple of different ways: From Word/PowerPoint: File>Export>Create Adobe PDF, File>Save as Adobe PDF, File>Print>Adobe PDF and each way the same thing happens in the converted PDF. I also opened a PDF created by someone else that had graphics and only some of them were transparent there as well. I tried seeing if there were any updates available and there were none. I did a repair installation. My version of Adobe is Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2021.005.20060

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since both of your approaches are different, one is by Adobe PDF Maker and the other is written directly by Word/PP, resulting in the same issue, this indicates there's something about your content that's driving the problem.

Can you share a sample file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for reaching out. I've attached the Word Document I am working in and the exported to PDF version. The cover is where I'm having issues. In the Word, I have a dark blue rectangle behind the youth images. When I export to PDF, the rectangle dissappears. 

I have also just come into another issue (and this hasn't happened to me before either). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, where are you viewing your PDF where the Blue Background disappears?  because it is totally there in this file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

weird! it doesn't show up on my screen. here is screenprint: 

screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's... new. Here is mine: (and it was fine in all programs i tried to view it in)

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 5.12.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugh, frustrating. do you think i should reinstall my adobe acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It behaves as expected on my system/software!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines