• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

word search in a pdf not working

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to search my PDF in the weeks prior. Now today it is not allowing me to search any words. always coming up with "no matches found" and the pdf is no longer highligthable by word, only by page. How do I convert it back to the way it was?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble caused.

Have you started experiencing this issue after installing the recent update for Acrobat Reader DC? Could you please confirm the current version of Reader DC installed on your machine? 

• Open Acrobat Reader>help>About Acrobat Reader
  • Also, please check with a different PDF file and see if the same issue exist.
  • Navigate to Reader>Edit>Preferences>Search>click on Purge Cache Contents>OK>Close and Reopen app.

Let us know if this makes a difference.

Thanks

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a slightly different version of this problem. I am running version 22.12.1.25269. it is the same on both my mobile running android nine and my tablet running android 11. My search function works fine on short files but on long files, over 500 pages in one case, the search just dies after one attempt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines