Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word Table Form - Adobe adding form fields where not needed

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created a form in Word using tables. There is a lot of blank spaces in the fom next to titles and when I covert Adobe insert form fields in the blank spaces. 

I have tried inserting ------- in the blank spaces and changing the font color to whites so the dashes are not seen in the form, but adobe still inserts form fields.  My form is 13 pages long, so i have a lot of deleting to do.  On the first page of the form, I have inserted xxxxx where adobe places form fields. You can see it through out the form.

Hoping someone has a solution to this problem.

I have attached a copy of the form.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We don't know the exact logic behind the fields detection wizard, but it's likely it's picking up the borders of your table and adding fields based on that. The results of running it are never going to be perfect, though. You'll always have to go in and fix them manually. In your case it did a pretty good job, actually. You just have to remove those extra fields, which shouldn't take too long. I've seen much (much) worse results, to the point where it's not worth trying to fix them, but better to do everything from scratch.

It is possible to add fields using a script, though, and then you get much more reliable results (also because you can control the algorithm behind it). For example, I've developed two (paid-for) tools that will add fields based on characters on the page. The first creates check-boxes or radio-button fields based on certain Wingdings characters and the second will create text fields based on sequences of underscore characters. They both work with 100% accuracy and allow you to define the exact locations of the fields when designing the file (in Word, say).

You can find them here:

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-reader-convert-wingdings-characters-to-check-boxes-or-radio-butto...

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-reader-convert-underscores-to-text-fields

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines