Word to PDF/A-1b: endnotes link to wrong place in document

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Adobe community,

I have an academic journal article that was formatted with MS Word and uses endnotes for bibliographical references (superscript numbers in text and endnotes at end of the document). When I convert the word document with the Adobe Acrobat tab in MS words into an PDF/A-1b compatible PDF (for long time archiving), when clicking on the endnotes in the text, it jumps to the wrong place in the document, not to the respective endnote in the endnote section. I can't find any mistake with the endnotes formatting in the word document so I guess that it must be an issue with converting the word document into the PDF. Any suggestions where the source of the problem could be and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best, Isabella

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the exact same issue; is there a place to report this as a bug? I know this was an issue for documents created with InDesign but the fix suggested (changing the starting page to 1 instead of blank) is not suitable for my document.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines