Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word2016 pdf Export (External Links)

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning all

Following problem: Word 2016 creates a web link on external links when I use "save as pdf". Why? I need an "Open File" link. The Acrobat Add-In creates an "Open file" link for external links, as desired. Where can I switch from web link to file link in pdf export in the Word2016 settings?

Thanks for your support

Francesco

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Acrobat Add-In.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea. But unfortunately the later users of the Word file do not have the Acrobat Add in. Only the pdf export from Word2016 is possible. As far as I understand, an Acrobat is also used for the pdf export, but a very old version (PDF version 1.5, Acrobat 6.X).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then use a forum for Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many Thanks. Unfortunately only an answer, but no solution. In the Word file, it is initially a file link. Only after the "save as pdf" conversion into a pdf file with the old Acrobat Add in (6.X) does the file link become a web link. So I think it's the right forum for this question and someone can give me a useful hint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the users own Acrobat or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved. It's Acrobat 11. Acrobat 2020 or newer versions work correctly and also open the external link in Acrobat and not in the browser. Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines