Work San Medium being converted to Work Sans Regular when using Save as Adobe PDF in Word 2016

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using word professional Plus 2016 and the latest version of Adobe Acrobat DC. I am running Windows 10. I downloaded the work san font family from https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Work+Sans and installed it following the instructions here. I configured word to embed fonts by selecting File>Options>Save>Embed Fonts in the file. I also configured the Adobe PDF preferences by selecting Acrobat>Preferences>Settings>Advanced Settings...>Fonts and selectings "Embed all fonts" and "Embed OpenType fonts." I also selected WorkSans-Medium and WorkSan-SemiBold and added them to the "Always Embed" list in this setting menu. I then quit and restarted word. I have confirmed that Work Sans is listed as "installable" in control center.

When I select "Save as Adobe PDF" text in my document which is formatted as Work Sans Medium or Work Sans SemiBold is converted to Work Sans in the resulting PDF. When I inspect the properties of the PDF Work Sans Regular is listed as the only font. When I convert the PDF back to a Word document using Acrobat DC's Export PDF tool, the resulting Word document lists the text as "Work Sans" font, not Work Sans Medium or Work Sans Semibold.

Is there any way to get the Save as Adobe PDF to preserve the non-regular versions of Work Sans that I want to use in my documents?

thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem. I have spent hours on this and still no results.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines