• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yes/No Question invalidation.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fillable form in which there are two Yes  or  No  questions. I can answer the first question with no problem by clicking the answer bubble. However, when I answer the second question, it negates the answer to my first question, which causes it to look as if I didn't answer it. If I were to go back and click yes or no to the first question, then the answer to the second question disappears. Community, please help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019
Select the Prepare Form tool add-on, then you will be able to right-click on the fields or other objects such as the radio buttons. When you hover the mouse pointer over an object and then right-click on it, a context menu will popup and you will be able to select "Proprties" amongst other options

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019
I went ahead and did that. I also changed the group names. Now, the radio buttons work independently. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using radio buttons or checkboxes in your forms?

Radio buttons work in pairs. Did you check the properties for the radio buttons? what is the default state for each radio button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are radio buttons. How do I check the properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the Prepare Form tool add-on, then you will be able to right-click on the fields or other objects such as the radio buttons. When you hover the mouse pointer over an object and then right-click on it, a context menu will popup and you will be able to select "Proprties" amongst other options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went ahead and did that. I also changed the group names. Now, the radio buttons work independently. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes , you're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Kudos to abracadabra and gkaiseril who also helped here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you want to be able to tick both checkboxes at the same time you must not give them the same name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Radio button work in a group or like named buttons but with different choice options. Clicking on the "Add another button" will create a new button within the group. You need to have a unique name for each group of buttons associated with a question. If you do not then only one radio button can be selected. 

Selecting single button and clicking the right mouse button will bring up the context menu from which you can select the  properties window for a single button. 

You should be aware that check boxes with the name but different export values behave in the same manner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines