• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You guys can't keep it without unnecessary UI changes throughout your products

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, why are you fixing things that are not broken.

For the last bazillion versions, we've had bookmarks and pages panel on the left, and tools panel on the right, why, on God's green earth do you keep moving UX elements around?

I'm honestly sick and tired of these unnecessary pointless changes, where we, the users must keep getting used to and changing our habits, because someone somewhere in your corporate structure had some brilliant idea that needed to be implemented regardless of how it is going to affect the rest of us.

Like, don't takre me wrong, I like where the new design is going, but for love of all that is good, why do you need to keep shuffling where everything lives all the time (this includes my beef with unnecessary UX changes across other CC product stack)Screenshot_3.png

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

I totally agree, but you're barking up the wrong tree. This forum is mostly used by other fellow-users, just like yourself, and we have nearly no influence on this type of changes.

However, there is (still) a way to revert back to the old UI. Click the so-called "hamburger" Menu at the top left and select Disable New Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree, but you're barking up the wrong tree. This forum is mostly used by other fellow-users, just like yourself, and we have nearly no influence on this type of changes.

However, there is (still) a way to revert back to the old UI. Click the so-called "hamburger" Menu at the top left and select Disable New Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, fair enough! well, A man can dream, I had Someone from the dev/product team answer my barking on Premiere forums (granted that is the infamous export window redesign issue that they would like to pretend doesn't exist), so if we make enough noise, we might attract someone 😄

Anyway, thank you for the tip, I've reversed already 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are now in Acrobat's New Experience.  You can switch back to the old one. One is for WIN the other for MAC.

mariahweyne_0-1686231401229.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but that is not the point. (and I've already did as @try67  already offered the solution)
I like the fresh look/design, the colours, the shapes etc.

The problem is needles repositioning of UX elements 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! It's massively frustrating for me as we have 600 members who require training on the use of PDF bundles and now some will use this new interface and others will use the classic interface, so effectively I now have to do double the amount of procedural guides and when I'm doing training sessions I have to be like "oh, this works differently if you use the New View." I don't see that it solves any issues at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered these horrific UI changes today, and hope some of this feedback will land on Adobe desks. These are supposed to be the market-leading design tools, but this new Acrobat version is insulting every designer and every Adobe user with a UI that is not only ugly, but doesn't make sense at all.  Wish I could convert back to the previous version and stay there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw the note that you can revert! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when you switch back, you are asked to give feedback via a web form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can voice your opinion directly to Adobe at https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-t...

And don't forget to VOTE so that it reaches someone's eyeballs at Adobe.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related to any break in current workflows in all our past & upcoming releases. 

If any of your current workflows are not functioning as expected, share them with us on this thread, and we will address them with the highest priority.

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback. 

If your critical workflows are impacted, you can switch to the old UI from the "Menu" on the top left corner of Windows and View Menu on MacOS. We will follow up with a detailed community-featured post, guiding you to familiarise yourself with the new interface and regular updates on upcoming changes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said "We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat."

How do you think it's going to make us more productive? Does it contain new and better features than before or have you just moved a bunch of stuff around? What would you consider to be - say - the best three benefits of the interface change? Genuinely curious, because it's horrible!

Stephen G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I find it funny that i'm over here trying to sign an online applications for a new license and they unfortunatly use your program for the PDF so i'm forced to deal with an unreasonably tiny Ui so I guess I'm driving illegally until I find out how to increase the sizing of it so I can read the damn thing. thanks for nothing adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines