Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 Feature bugs in Windows Reader

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Clicking on a bookmark link resets the user configured zoom setting

2) Page down should subtract at least 1 full line, preferably 2 or even 3 in order for th user to reorient themselves to the new page.

TOPICS
PDF and browsers , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Acrobat Reader uses the zoom settings at the bookmark. It is not a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to me to be a very specific application that normal user cases would not want. How do I override this "feature" so that I can set an overall zoom for the entire document and be able to click on the Table of Contents at will without having to reset the zoom every time?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me explain. Under the normal use case, zoom is generally a function of the windows size and resolution of the monitor you are viewing the document in. It is, in general, not a property of the document or bookmark within a document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is at the discretion of the file's author. If they wanted the user to keep their preferred zoom setting they could have selected the Inherit Zoom option for the bookmarks they created. Either they didn't want that, or they were not aware of this setting, and have created bookmarks with a specific zoom setting. The application simply follows their directive.

You can't do anything to change it with the free Reader. You'd need Acrobat, or you could do it with an external tool, like this (paid-for) standalone tool I've created: https://www.try67.com/tool/batch-edit-zoom-level-in-bookmarks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the settings of the bookmarks with Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines