• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3000+ Comments and PDF (High Comments issue)

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a PDF with more than 3200 comments and so I can't use Acrobat Reader the same way as let's say a document with 10 comments. By this I mean the software becomes too slow. Task manager shows about 400MB of 16 GB RAM used with CPU constantly at 20% at 4 GHz.

I strongly believe either Acrobat Reader is coded just to handle 100 to 300 comments or I need a Threadripper sort of CPU... just to view/annotate PDFs. Or maybe my  CPU is just not suited for this task.

CPU: AMD 3500X

RAM: 16 GB @2400MHz

Storage used: SSD

Graphics: GTX 1650

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , Crash or freeze , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hellbraker2222 

As per the issue description mentioned above, Reader is getting slow when adding 3200 comments on the pdf . Is that correct?

• Please ry updating Reader to the latest patch using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu,  You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates
  • Reboot the machine after installing update and try again.
  • Also, try replicating the issue in a new user account by clicking on the Start button > control panel > add or remove user accounts > create a new account. Login into that account, launch Acrobat from there and check.

Regards 

Ria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is no pending updates and it is highly replicable.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be repeated by anyone as long as you have a pdf and a large number of comments. This is not a bug, just the way pdf is handled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im on the way making a pdf with random text and will incorporate comments. Maybe it can help debug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines