• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat adding a password

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASIC (Govt agency) issues company returns in PDF and they do not password protect these documents.

When I login to their website and download these, they open fine and without a password BUT they have “filename.pdf (SECURED)” in the title. I can email these files to anyone and they open without a password.

However, when I try and upload these to the US Trademarks office for proof of company ownership they are rejected as being secured and requiring a password.

I have spoken with ASIC at length about this and they say it must be some setting on my Windows 10 PC.

Maybe it relates to being logged into a https website and opening a PDF and then downloading it?

Does anyone know how to stop this from occurring as it is a frustrating situation!

Please help.

Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF and browsers , PDF forms , Share or review PDFs , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a password. Not to open the password but to edit it. You cannot remove this. Their help desk will know nothing about it, so they are mistaken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Yes" on my end there is. However, if they open the same file on their computers (i.e. in their office) it does not have (SECURED) in the title and when they use Acrobat and go to Permissions it states: No Password. 

The people I called are in support and they support millions of Users. They spent nearly an hour with me on the phone checking my and other files, they have no passworsds and none of them have come across this problem.

I agree they may not know how or why, however, this does not explain why the same file on their end has no password?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can tell you that Reader CANNOT set a password. Not for free, not even for people who pay. It just hasn't got a password setter (unless it's a secret you've found). To look deeper into this, it might be useful to post two screen shots, one from your PC and one from the other PC. The screen shots should be of File > Properties -- Security tab in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader. It needs to be the exact same file, from the exact same source, otherwise it won't demonstrate anything (except that there are two files and one has a password).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines