• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACROBAT CANNOT LOAD IT'S CORE DLL - ACROBAT CANNOT LOAD IT'S CORE DLL

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a person who works for Adobe answering questions in THEIR own forum about THEIR own software? If so, why hasn't an employee of Adobe answered this question about the core dll not loading? It certainly appears there are a lot of Adobe CUSTOMERS who are experiencing this issue and is worthy of some time from an Adobe employee to get it resolved!

ACROBAT CANNOT LOAD IT'S CORE DLL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

I wonder where you found Adobe Reader 9.3...?  (Not seriously; just "trolling".)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until and unless you are not a power user of PDF and need a PDF viewer just to open a few simple PDF files any 3rd party reader would do. But if you need enhanced functionality then in my opinion a brand is a brand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW - This error is still an issue and sporadically takes place in Adobe Acrobat AS WELL AS Acrobat READER so this is an appropriate forum regardless of what some “others” might think while trolling this forum. If you have any beneficial information regarding this error in ACROBAT & ACROBAT READER, please provide constructive responses.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2010 Dec 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, solved problem by myself.  I've got the problem under a simple user, and it was not there under administrator users.  So, I first cleared the %appdata% in that user, then the registry keys pointed out here, and nothing helped.  Afterwards, I uninstalled and reinstalled the application and it didn't help exactly out.  But, I noticed that there was a little problem with securities in the C:\Program Files\Adobe folders and sub folders so I just re-applied the securities for "users" to be able to run and see content from that folder, and re-applied to all files and sub-folders.  That worked.

Cya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 30, 2011 May 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED FOR ADOBE READER X

Per Adobe's support function, I went to the Control Panel, and clicked the choice to delete or uninstall.

Then found Adobe Reader, and selected CHANGE (not remove)  Adobe repaired the situation by

downloading a whole boatload of subparts, presumablY including the wandering CORE.DLL, and maybe

resetting some adjustables.

Adobe Reader X works just fine now, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2011 Jun 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still unable to get 9.4.4 to work.

I've recreated my transform, removed, and redeployed GPO.  Still get the same error.

Removed GPO deployment and ran the msi manually without the transform and I still get the same error.  I downloaded foxit and installed, and now I don't have the problem anymore.

So it would seem the best (and only) solution would be to just ditch adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing this error going from 9.4.3 to 9.4.4.  We deploy via group policies on an internal network.

I've tried the following:

Ran Repair from add/remove programs

No change.  Same error.

Uninstall 9.4.4

This results in 9.4.4 being redeployed in a manor that creates the entry in Add/Remove Programs without actually installing anything.  Not very helpful.

Recreate the 9.4.4 install from 9.4.0 and applying the patches one by one deploying each step along the way...

... (1/2 a day later) and I'm no further along  than when I started.

9.4.3 works

9.4.4 doesn't work.

Reset all of the permissions for Adobe directory in Program Files giving Users Full Control access.

No change.

Disable Symantec and run repair again.

No change.

Might try recreating the transform file.  Any other ideas???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of an old post but I've got a work-around for this issue.  I ran procmon to see what Adobe Reader was up to and for some reason it is trying to look at the root of C:\ for it's DLL files.  Copy C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader X.X\reader\ all files, not the folders from here to C:\.  Adobe reader will work fine.  Still looking into why Reader is looking in C:\.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent about 3 hours trying to get version 10 or 11 to work.  Everything was fine until i allowed auto-update to screw it up.  After that, every PDF document gave me error "Core DLL can not be loaded".  I tried permission changes, control panel repairs, uninstall/reinstall older, etc.  The one that worked was copying ALL files from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader" to C:\.  Tried doing just .dll files, but that didn't work.  Seems like a silly thing for Adobe to screw up the target location.

Thanks to NeemobeerX for taking time to post.  You da man.  Drink up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend of mine had this problem.  Turned out he had a rootkit.  For those that don't know rootkits tend to modify important system dll's such as kernal32.dll, user32.dll, ntdll.dll and hal ntoskrnl.exe for starters.  This can cause all sorts of strange behavior.   try downloading and running GMER  http://www.gmer.net/  If it finds modifications you probably have a rootkit causing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines