• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC initial use on iMac desktop

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Acrobat DC on my iMac desktop.  I opened it and chose a PDF file to open so I could edit it.  When I then chose the edit tab, I was directed to a window to either "purchase" or "7 day free trial".  I just want to utilize the DC app I just bought.  How do I avoid this window and go directly to being able to use the DC app?  Thanks for your help, community!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you use Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,
I use Adobe Reader...does that make a difference?

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader can't edit PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

++ Adding to the discussion

I have checked your Adobe account with the email you are using on this community and found that you have an active subscription to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Application.

Acrobat Reader DC is a freeware application with limited functionality, please logout of the application and install the Acrobat Pro DC application from the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and login with the same Adobe ID and password and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it makes a difference. Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Reader are two different apps. Paying the Acrobat Pro subscription doesn't change the Acrobat Reader app. (Yes, it's confusing. SOME Adobe subscriptions do add extra features to Reader).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines