• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat failed to connect to DDE Server

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user who is unable to open any PDF's using Acrobat Reader X he has the latest version and is using Wind

ows XP SP3.  When he tries to open any PDF he gets the error "Acrobat failed to connect to

DDE Server" any help with this is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

Thanks David,

I did check the file associations and did a repair and uninstall/re-install and nothing worked but it turned out to be an issue with turning on a security policy in Symantec Endpoint that was causing Adobe to not open so I had to remove that policy in order for Adobe to work again.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to combine files like the original poster, or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no just open a bloody file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, not the same problem, though in fact discussion has been all over the place. It's virtually impossible to help someone who adds a "me too" to a thread with different problems in it, all of which were resolved in their time, so I suggest you start a new one, longer on details than abuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you are talking about!!  I never added a "me too" I only replied...me too is not even  a choice I have but thanks for your in depth understanding.  Bye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been on chats and phone calls with Adobe tech support for the past three days. They could not figure it out. The more I thought about it I started to think I need to hide my identity on the web when I try to log in. And it worked!!! I used Virtual Shield but I'm sure other companies can offer the same help. Here is the link to get you back on Creative Cloud https://virtualshield.com/?rfsn=6453576.2a9afc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines