• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader 11 closes immediately, won't open pdf's

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reformatted mioy computer and upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate, now I cannot open PDF's - the reader closes immediately - doesn't open the PDF at all.  I can't even open Reader XI by itself.  I tried uninstalling and rolling back to Reader 10... same result.  Uninstalled that and installed verion 9.0.  Same result.  I have not installed XI again, but still cannot open PDF's.  I bought and intalled Office 2013 when I restaged.  Nothing else is on my computer yet except Avast antivirus and firewall, skype, IE 10, and google chrome.  Any ideas??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

You can try using Windows Explorer to navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader, then double-click on Eula.exe and accept the license agreement

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try using Windows Explorer to navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader, then double-click on Eula.exe and accept the license agreement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!  Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and mine still doesn't work.. please help me thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We may be able to help you if nyou provide full details of your nspecific problem. If the problem is different from the one in the initial post, please open a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did open another thread elsewhere yesterday... but now I can't seem to find my thread that I started!

I got reader xi.. windows 7.. I tried all the solutions you all suggested.. the eula method too..

I try and open up a pdf from windows live mail or a browser and it opens and closes by itself immediately.  Please help.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also try disabling Protected Mode?

P.S. this is the only thread that you started under this user ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I already tried disabling protected mode yesterday.. didn't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake: you started https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1706202

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Opebed Eula, accepted license, same issue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This advice is outdated and no longer works. What is the updated solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Reader XI itself is outdated too, obsolete for 7 years now. If you are having problems with it, get up to date! And if you're not having problems with Reader XI, please post a new question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem...I open a pdf and it closes 2 seconds later. I have reinstalled 2x and I cant hit repair install because it closes too fast.

Benny The Boss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines