• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC Crashes During Save As on Windows 10

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a persistent and repeatable problem.  I am no longer able to save a PDF document -- any PDF document.

When I attempt a Save As operation, click of a recent folder or select browse, and the Windows Save As dialog appears, Acrobat Reader will crash within about 1 or 2 seconds.  No other actions are necessary.  If the Windows Save As dialog appears, Reader will crash within a second or two.  Every time.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Reader using the latest download available today.  I have checked and installed updates. I have repaired the installation. I have verified that Protected View is Off. I have verified that the same problem exists in more than one account on the computer.  And I have rebooted multiple times in this process.  Windows is Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.1586.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Blaine

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20085 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only)

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described  here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Also try to create  a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win and try using the application there and check.

Also please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

Thank you for the response.

Acrobat Reader Version:

Blaine23499745g7mp_0-1646859135667.png

Check for updates:

Blaine23499745g7mp_1-1646859168671.png

Repairing the installation does not resolve the issue.  I have done that multiple times, including once again in response to your message.

Resetting the Acrobat preferences as described in the link you provided did not resolve the issue.

All items listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html were previously tried except Acrodist.  I am using Acrobat Reader, not Acrobat.  Acrodist is not installed on my computer.

I have run Acrobat Reader from more than one account already, in accounts both with and without admin privileges and, in an account without admin privileges, both as administrator and not as administrator.

The results is consistently the same.  Within 1-2 seconds of a Windows Save As dialog box appearing, Acrobat Reader DC will crash.  Every time.  I am not prompted to send a crash report, but I also have not hacked the registry as described here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Blaine,

We are sorry to hear that. Have you started observing this issue with the recent release of version 22.1.20085 for Acrobat/Reader DC application or was this issue present earlier as well?

Also please collect the crash logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html and the procmon logs as described here https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via Document Cloud link as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html so that we can isolate the issue for further investigation.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

Unfortunately I have no idea which version of Reader DC first had the issue.  I don't pay much attention to the version I have installed since this has never been an issue before.  And I mostly view PDFs, so a crash when saving isn't something I'd immdiately notice after an update.  If there is another version of Reader you want me to try, I can do that.

As regards the links you provided:

- I made the single registry change recommended in the first link that is supposed to enable the Adobe Crash Reporter.  But the Crash Reporter dialog still does not appear after Reader crashes.  I am not comfortable making the registry changes recommended to use Windows error reporting.

- I did download Acromon, as described in the second link, and it captured 3 files.

- I have not uploaded these files, as described in the third link, because I don't understand your file sharing site or who has access to the information I might upload.

Blaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Blaine

We are sorry to hear that. Please collect the procmon logs as described above and share them via private message so that no one else would have access to it. Click on the message icon on the top right corner of the screen to start a private message.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Is this still happening or resolved for you? If still happening, could you please share procmon logs (upload to an online storage like onedrive/googledrive) and send its link to us?

thanks,

-amboo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines