Hi all, hope someone here can help.
Seems to be an issue with Acrobat Reader.
Everyone in the company I work for is having this issue. It was pointed out to me by someone in our sales department.
They regularly use the full reader search feature to browse through all PDFs in specific folders.
They would usually select the network drive, which would then bring up the previously selected folder (e.g. August 2021), they would then select the next month's folder when necessary.
However, recently the network drives shows up as disconnected when we click on. Even though we can still manually search for PDFs, they can no longer bring up the folder view, like they used to.
Tried all of the basics to try and fix the issue, including (but not limited to):
I apologise in advance if it's no longer a feature, due to a recent update. Or, has a fix that is extremely obvious. My software troubleshooting skills are not great. Give me a hardware fault to fix any day.
If you need more information, let me know.
Thanks for reporting the issue. Could you please provide us following details:
1. Version of the Reader/Acrobat. Please share the screenshot of version.
2. Is it happening on Mac or Windows or both?
3. Could you please share the exact workflow/steps you are using?
Ever so sorry. Here is the information:
1. Continuous Release | Version: 2021.007.20091
Version File Version: 21.007.20091.59174
2. Windows (No Mac systems in our company).
3. Steps sales team use (before network drive disconnected):
1. Open Acrobat Reader DC
2. Press 'Shift + Ctrl + F' to open advanced search
3. Select 'All PDF Documents in'
4. Select Network drive. This would then open up file explorer.
5. Select required sub folder
6. Enter search word/phrase
7. Click 'Search'
Obviously, I'm only relaying what they said. As I don't use Acrobat Reader DC in this way.
Hope that helps.
Thanks for the information. Could you please confirm following things as well:
1. Check if the workflow is working with Protected mode and Protected View settings in Sandbox Protections
(Open Reader > Press 'Ctrl + K' > Navigate to 'Security (Enhanced)')
2. Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit Acrobat Reader?
3. Are you using any third party encryption or security software installed? If yes, Please make sure Acrobat Reader process are granted for full privileges for read/write access.
I'm having the same issue. Was there a fix for the "Disconnected Network Drives"?