• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC does not default to selected default printer on Mac

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently upgraded my iMac and Acrobate Reader DC now defaults to my Dymo Labe Printer when printing as opposed to my selected default printer HP Pagewide printer. I have confirmed a number of times that I have the HP printer selected as default in preferences. Thanking you in advance. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DJohanssen

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, Acrobat Reader DC does not default to selected default printer on Mac

Would you mind sharing the version of the MAC OS and the Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.07.20099 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Also please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your email.

I am running macOS Monterey Version 12.0.1 and Adobe Reader version 21.07.20099.

I am unable to follow the steps to reset Acrobat preferences as the files listed are not able to be found on my computer in library/preferences.

As mentioned in my post, the issue is not with the any of my printers being able to print PDFs but rather Adobe defaults to my label maker and not my printer. Once the printer is manually selected each time there is no issue with printing. So the help page on printing above is not relevant.

I have also tried reinstalling Adobe Reader and renaming the Label Printer in Mac to no avail. Adobe Reader contiues to default to my Label Printer and it is becoming very expensive in labels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that, are you trying to make the Adobe PDF printer as the default? If yes, ewith Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you wont get the PDF Printer intalled. It is available with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC application.

Hope this information will help, let us know if you are referring to something else.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your resposne. Not sure what Adobe PDF printer is. As mentioned above, I am trying to get adobe to print to my default printer ie the HP printer I have selected in my computer settings to be the default printer, not Adobe PDF printer. Adobe previously would print to the default printer but now does not. Other programs such as Word print to my default printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for clearing that up. Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/change-system-default-printer.html and see if that works for you.

Note: Steps remains the same for the new version.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for providing a link regarding setting default printers but I don't actually have any issues whatsoever with changing the default printer on Mac. As I may have touched upon above, the issue is Adobe no longer reconises the system default printer and chooses to print on the label maker that is not the system default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs from the affected machine as decribed here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share them via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines