• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC: Find the hand and select tools

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a problem and a solution. In Adobe Reader DC you may want to use the hand tool and the select tool. But you won't get them to show in the main toolbar, no matter how deep you dig in the Show/Hide menu.

SOLUTION: hover your mouse in the lower part of the screen to show the Page Control tools. That's where you'll see the hand and select tools.

The complete steps are:

1. Click View > Show/Hide > Page Controls, and make sure that Show Page Controls is selected.

2. The page controls will appear either on your toolbar or at the bottom of the screen.

3. To move the page controls to the bottom of the screen (or back to your toolbar), click the icon that looks like a bar with a downwards arrow.

4. You will only be able to see the hand and select tools when the page controls are at the bottom of your screen.

Adobe, I usually love your software, but I spent a half hour looking for a hand icon. Frustration.  >:-((

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Hi daviddmack,

Thanks for sharing that with the community! You might also find this tip useful:

If you select Use Single Key Accelerators to Access Tools in the General preferences, you can access the Hand tool by pressing "H" on the keyboard.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get the "text select tool" if I'm in Acrobat Pro DC (as opposed to Reader)? One of the coolest features in Acrobat used to be the ability to select text and press Ctrl+B to quickly create Bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks -- this also worked in Acrobat Pro DC.

Any way to add the Hand tool to my Quick Tools set in Pro DC, so I don't have to constantly show and hide tools?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you David. I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out where the hand tool was located... I appreciate your post.

- Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. I'm sure that this used to be in the toolbar but this could be a senior moment.

The air was blue looking for this option, should have used Google much earlier! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you NEED to fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat, yes. It does have hand tool. But not for adobe reader. It's a shame...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you vert much for explaining how to get the Hand Tool to appear.  I looked for it everywhere!  One additonal detail: Below the Show Page Controls, make sure the Undock option is NOT checkmarked.  I actually got the hand tool to appear on the toolbar after selecting Show Page Controls and deselecting (no checkmark) the Undock option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes thanks for this.  Adobe gets in its own way.  They are making their software worse, not better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines