• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC freezes under Monterey

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am usind the latest version of Acrobat Reader DC under MacOS 12.3.1 with an M1 processor. Everytime I am opening the Reader it becomes unresponsive with a spinning wheel. I have tried several times to re-install the Reader with no result. The Reader becomes totally unresponsive, so that I cannot even go to the 'preferences' as suggested.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Eberhard24467913lgii 

As you have tried to reinstall the app but it does not work. Kindly uninstall the app and then remove all adobe folders from these locations:

1. Library/Application Support/Adobe

2. ~Library/Application Support/Adobe

And then install the app again.

If you still face the issue, you may also try to enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please collect the crash logs https://helpx.adobe.com/lu_en/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html  , Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  ad share them via document cloud link as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html for further investigation.

Regards

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted all files that visibly seem to belong to Adobe products as per the procedure above, including those for Photoshop Elements and the Creative Cloud (which is a nuissance in itself). Luckily I managed to reinstall PE, but the Reader continues to hang up.

Following the next procedure as 'root' and collecting the logs seem to be beyond my computer skills.

It appears that Adobe products become increasing difficult to use and a pain. So for the time being, I switched to another PDF-editor, as I don't have the time to waste on getting the Reader running again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eberhard, 

Sorry for the delayed response, as this issue is reported by a few more users and it is shared with our engineering/developement team. We will update here as we hear back anything from the team.

Regards,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines