• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC (MacOS) - how to print comment summary?

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't seem to figure out how to print a summary of the comments in my document -- ONLY the comments, not the document itself.  I have a "summarize comments" option in the print dialog, which seems to generate new pages within the document, summarizing the comments per page.  But, I need to be able to print just the comment summaries in their own document.  I've found https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/print-comments-acrobat-reader.html#main_Print_a_comment_summary but this is not helpful for Reader DC, it would seem.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

probabilistic​

You need the paid version to print or create the comment summary. Compare the menus from Reader and Pro below. You can't do this with the free version, as you can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Probabilistic,

Thanks for sharing the detailed information.

There is a workaround that you try to get your work done.

As mentioned above, that you are willing to print only summarized comments (not the entire document).

You may try the following steps-

• Open the document and Select "Comment"
  • Click on the icon-

• Select "Create Comment Summary"
  • New window will be open with couple of options-

Where you can select "Comments Only" and click "Create Comment Summary"

• New Tab will be open with the "Summarized Comment" that you can print.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

Thanks for your response.  Unfortunately when I select the "..." menu, I don't have the option to create a comment summary:

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 4.38.58 PM.png

This is Acrobat Reader DC for MacOS.

Thanks,

Erica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running MacOS Sierra (10.12.4).  My version of Acrobat Reader DC is 2015.023.20053, and when I click on the version I get the following additional information:

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 15.23.20053.211670

AGM: 4.30.67

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.37658

If I run "check for updates" I am told the updater is already running.  This is a recent install (last week, I think).

Thanks,

Erica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

probabilistic​

You need the paid version to print or create the comment summary. Compare the menus from Reader and Pro below. You can't do this with the free version, as you can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do we have  option to smoothly open a single page 3MB( with install details file)  with  comment inspection ,as the file is populating too many comments at once, causing lagging ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines