• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC Won't Launch

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Acrobat Reader DC and it won't launch.  I'm logged on as Administrator, I click on the icon to launch to program, it asks if I want to allow it to make changes to my computer, I say yes and -- nothing!

What do I need to do to make this work?  A large number of my files are pdf and I need it to work!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Hi everyone.

FYI, i had this same issue. After going through this articale and performing the below 2 steps it worked:

1. changing the registry entry as mentioned by shaktikeshri:

At the following registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\Privileged]

create dword bEnableProtectedModeAppContainer and make it value 0

==> Finally, it opened Adobe Acrobat DC (latest ersion as of 3rd Jun 2022)

2. Disabled the Protected mode as mentioned by Amal.:

turn off the protected mode. Go to Edi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

2. step worked for me. i could not start adobe from tcup (total commander) in administrator mode. but after unchecking that enhanced security two ticks.... it works, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... If I run as admin, it asks to allow changes then doesn't start.  If I dont run as admin, it just doesn't run.

Brand new version, just tried re-install today.  Also tried repair, and tried 2 different languages on install.

I can see it appears in task manager twice when I run it, but quickly shuts down.

The .exe file has product version 20.13.20064.405839

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention I also tried the Registry key, no difference.  Just installed Foxit, no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juliant

Thanks for sharing the information.

Please try to create a new test user profile in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the link https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

And thx for responding, however thats a bit of a mess... I'll have to generate a phoney email and use it to make a new account that I can then delete afterwards... I think I'll stick with Foxit instead, seems to work ok.  Bit of a pity, as I subscribe to other Adobe services, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me either. Tried a bunch of these different supposed solutions. Nothing worked. Downloading Foxit instead. Using Parallels Windows 11 on a Macbook Pro - perhaps there is something incompatable with Parellels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What happens when you try to use the Acrobat DC application? Do you get any error message? If yes please share the screenshot of the same. Also try to use the application n Windows OS and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

FYI, i had this same issue. After going through this articale and performing the below 2 steps it worked:

1. changing the registry entry as mentioned by shaktikeshri:

At the following registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\Privileged]

create dword bEnableProtectedModeAppContainer and make it value 0

==> Finally, it opened Adobe Acrobat DC (latest ersion as of 3rd Jun 2022)

2. Disabled the Protected mode as mentioned by Amal.:

turn off the protected mode. Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Mac) > Preferences > Enhanced Security > turn off the protected mode and uncheck the enhanced security > Click OK

Hopefully, this lasts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

t_guy_nxt_door

unfortunately this option will not work for me on the registry edit due to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\" after this step my option given in the registry editor doesn't have Acrobat Reader as an option. After "Adobe" I see "Acrobat" which will lead me to "PDFMaker". I have "Adobe Acrobat" as an option that will give me "DC" but after I click on "DC" I have no "Privileged" option under that selection. I have tried Uninstalling and reinstalling 4 times in a span of 24hrs. It installs, but when I try to open it, it doesn't open. I see it trying to, but it just goes away. 

I have Win10 with Adobe Acrobat DC Subscription. I am at a loss...........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2. step worked for me. i could not start adobe from tcup (total commander) in administrator mode. but after unchecking that enhanced security two ticks.... it works, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines