• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader updated and now will not display files correctly...

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader updated at work from 2021.001.20150 to 2021.005.20058

Prior to the update, I would open a .pdf file and it would appear fullscreen (like it should). Clicking on a link would open a new file, fullscreen in a new window. Closing that window, the original file would be displayed, still in fullscreen.

Now, with the update, when closing the new window, the original file is NOT displayed fullscreen.

This is bad. I need the updated version to operate as the old one did! With the new version operating the way it does, my touchscreen information system is useless.

Our IT person reverted the computer back to the old version and it worked fine, but the computer did an outo update and took me right back to the problem version.

TOPICS
View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Clicking on a link would open a new file, fullscreen in a new window. 

Fullscreen mode doesn't have windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is incorrect. When I created the link to the new file (using Acrobat DC), I chose that it open in a new window. So yes, the new file does open in fullscreen mode in a new window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show a screenshot of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First Create a link:

Create Link.png

Then after selecting the file to open, "Specify Open Preference":

Specify Open Preference.png

I have been doing it this way for years. When closing the file opened in the link, the original page remained fullscreen. Now it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screenshot of the new window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First screen is this:

Eaton 1.png

Clicking on the "Lighting" icon takes you to this:

Eaton 2.png

Clicking on the red "X" to close that file takes you to this:

Eaton 3.png

That page should be in fullscreen, just like it was in the first photo. It worked that way just fine for years until Adobe updated Reader to 2021.005.20058

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it can be. If only I could get someone from Adobe to address this and figure out what is going on. My touchscreen information system is worthless right now because of the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines