Exit

Acrobat Reader Windows 64bits crash when 3rdParty Plugin installed

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install Acrobat Reader 64bits on Windows

2. Install any 3rdPargy Acrobat Reader plug-in,  e.g. the "BasicPlugin" from Acrobat SDK samples

3. Launch Acrobat Reader 64bits

4. Acrobat Reader 64bits was launched, but after 3~4 seconds, Application crashed.

Screenshots & debug call stacks:

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 13.57.13.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-08 at 13.57.33.png

Notes:

* Only an issue on Windows

* Only an issue on Acrobat Reader 64bits. Plug-in works fine on Acrobat 64bits and Acrobat Reader 32bits.

Please consider fixing the crash.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems no where I can upload the source & binaries. If needed, I can share the sample code & binaries. Please let me know: neil.xu@esko.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader should not crash, but perhaps you should not be doing this, either.

Reader is supposed to ignore a plug-in that has not been Reader enabled. Your plugin should not be installed when running Reader since you do not have a Reader key from Adobe. 

Adobe do not offer support in these forums (we are just users). Please report the issue, though. Here is the page https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for response, but our plugin are reader enabled.  We do have a reader key to enable plugin in reader.

Like I mentioned in previous message, our plugin runs fine in Acrobat Reader 32bits. This seems to be an issue of Acrobat Reader 64 bits itself (memory fail).

I'll report issue to the wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines