• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AcroReader DC 2100120135 and up to -42 break digital signature access on Win10 20H2

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks and sorry for this rather long topic title.

After deploying AcroRdrDCUpd2100120135.msp in our network (100 clients), we saw that users could no longer sign a document when using the Adobe Reader plugin for internet explorer on Win10 20H2.

I am sure my analysis was thorough: it works with the same versions on Win10 1909.

It also works, if you simply download that PDF and open it in Adobe Reader - it's just the plugin that is broken.

Our digital signatures are secured with a password, in case that matters. What happens, is this error message after you select the certificate to sign with:

115da59a1fd6342db0aa959fdd0141b5.jpg

Since we use Sharepoint as DMS server and Sharepoint works best with internet explorer, we are not willing to change the browser in order to overcome this, nor will we suggest our users to download the documents - this plugin usage is very important to us and signing is used frequently.

Since the last 4 updates all changed the signing components, I am sure that Adobe introduced a bug that only surfaces with the plugin on Win10 20 H2.

Please advise

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

@MTGAlberts  The fix is now live.
Please refer to KB Article :- https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/windows-cryptographic-service-provider-error-214794205.html for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MTGAlberts,

1. Can you please share the concerned file with us?
  2. Can you please also confirm that issue is visible on Adobe Reader / Internet Explorer (Adobe plugin), Can you share the workflow, are you opening a signed PDF or signing the PDF using the Internet Explorer  (Adobe plugin) or Adobe Reader?
  3. Can you please also confirm that the workflow is working fine with an older version of Reader, it works fine for Win10 20 H2?

It would be great if you can share the video for workflow.

You can upload to drive and share the link with us.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Abhinav Sethi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @absethi 

1 I uploaded the PDF file and a video of  "the workflow".

2 Yes, I can confirm that this is about the Adobe Reader Plugin in Internet Explorer. I am opening a PDF with the plugin in Internet Explorer in order to sign it

3 It is working fine with the same Adobe reader version on all Win10 1909 machines. it is also working fine on Win10 20H2 if I use an outdated version of Adobe Reader. It also works when opened in Adobe Reader and not within the plugin.

So it should take you seconds to reproduce this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me if you are still alive. I hope so.

The problem is not yet fixed, so please update the status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am angry. The issue is not fixed (as of today, a new update came along yesterday which did not address it).

Adobe, are you listening? This thread is still open, isn't it? Show good will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear absethi,

can you tell me whether Adobe is planning to issue a fix for this issue? It's still there with the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MTGAlberts 

This issue is specific to particular windows version (20H2 and above). We have debugged the issue at our end and got few leads what is causing the problem. We are working on finding a feasible solution for this problem and keep you posted whenever a fix is available. 

Regards,

Naman Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Naman,

may I assume that this has shifted to will-not-fix?

I mean, this thread has been accepted haldf a year ago... Please tell us what to expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MTGAlberts  The fix is now live.
Please refer to KB Article :- https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/windows-cryptographic-service-provider-error-214794205.html for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh... it works!

So you fixed it in late July already but did not link the solution here until now.

Please don't get me wrong, I am thankful, but you need to work on your support coordination,

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Windows 10/11 one can get over the 214794205 error also by opening Adobe Acrobat Reader and going to menu Edit, Preferences, Security (Enhanced) and disable option "Enable Protected Mode at Startup", then add the site by [Add Host] button"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fernando.

Thanks, but I prefer to leave that mode on since it has been solved two years ago, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fix does not apply at signing within forms at Edge on Internet Explorer mode: after the registry fix is applied the error goes away, yes, but Adobe Reader hangs up every time there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines