• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Actual Size of 8.5" doc is 9.75" measured on screen at 100% zoom

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open MS Word, a blank document, at 100% zoom I can measure the page at 8.5" wide with a ruler physically put across the screen. The ruler in word also shows 8.5" wide doc.

When I open a document in Adobe Reader DC that is a normal 8.5x11 doc, set to 100% zoom, or "Actual Size" physically measuring the width comes in at 9.75". Using the measure tool in Adobe shows the doc is only 8.5" wide so why is 100% zoom so far off??    I have to set to 87% zoom to achieve 1:1 measurements from adobe to on screen.

This seems like Adobe does not take into consideration different screen resolutions, right??

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

I guess you must play with setting, I would start by trying the "Use system settings":

Capture_74.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess you must play with setting, I would start by trying the "Use system settings":

Capture_74.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines