• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add text comment disappears when clicking away from text

New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until recently, I have had no issues adding text comment to pdf's and seeing the text. However, now I post text as below and it is visible at all times (including side comment bar) but when I click away, the text is no longer visible. I have uninstalled the application and installed to restore all default settings and it won't work. I have included the software that I have. I am running this on a Macbook Air High Sierra OS. Please helpScreen Shot 2018-05-14 at 10.14.46 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-14 at 10.14.49 pm.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Hi Melindac,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We have tried to replicate the issue at our end in the same environment. It works fine.

Please try once uninstalling the application using the Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool on your Mac.

Run the cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs and reboot the machine.

Then re-install the application from here Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Check if that resolves the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenaksh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melindac,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We have tried to replicate the issue at our end in the same environment. It works fine.

Please try once uninstalling the application using the Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool on your Mac.

Run the cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs and reboot the machine.

Then re-install the application from here Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Check if that resolves the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. Only worked when uninstalling with the cleaner tool.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the uninstaller tool and it still does not work. 

I have managed to fix the text box. however if you just "add text" it still disappears and no "properties" option is available for me to select and change the opacity. 

This is incredibly infuriating for such a simple task. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution? I am pulling my hair out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't solved for PC users at all. It should not be marked as solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

February 14, 2022 Have had this problem for 2 weeks. Just started out of the blue. 2.5 hours with tech support and they couldn't fix it. They were going to "escalate to a higher tech and call me back." Never called back. Have uninstalld and re-installed 3-4 times (tech support worked remotely on my computer for most of the 2.5 hours).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple solution is to open the pdf in Chrome, go to print or save as pdf and override the original pdf then open that file in adobe acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are an absolute G for this one bro. Thank you!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple solution is to open the pdf in Chrome, go to print or save as pdf and override the original pdf then open that file in adobe acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines